Tibor Karaszi

Kalen Delaney's SQL Server Internals DVD

Just wanted to let you know about another SQL Server resource from Kalen Delaney.

A set of DVDs, where Kalen discusses internals and such. So far, I've looked at the first one, covering meta-data and architecture.

Having known Kalen for some 10 years now (time flies :-) ), I'm not suprised about the high quality of presentation and material.

Check it out at: SQLServerDVD.com.

Published Monday, February 18, 2008 7:39 PM by TiborKaraszi

Comments

Chuck Boyce said:

February 18, 2008 9:27 PM

Dave Markle said:

Well, now that the format war is over, when's the Blu-ray coming out?

February 19, 2008 7:14 AM

Chuck Boyce said:

Hi Dave,

I'm the media guy for SQL Server DVD.  All of the stuff I have been reading on the Blu-ray / HD DVD tells me that its a yawner and that people are fine with good 'ol DVD and increasingly want online video.  I haven't researched prices for mass producing Blu-ray DVDs (we did film in HD and can certainly produce Blu-ray masters)...

Would you seriously want a Blu-ray version?  Please let me know.

Chuck Boyce

Digital Media MVP

admin@SQLServerDVD.com

February 19, 2008 7:53 AM

Dave Markle said:

Actually, it was a bit of a tongue-in-cheek comment.  Unless it has really good special effects...

But seriously, what about non-physical media?  Is it offered in a streaming or downloadable format?  That's more my speed, nowadays.  This whole "physical media" thing just adds clutter.

February 20, 2008 9:42 AM

Chuck Boyce said:

Hi Dave,

Lesson 1 is available right now via streaming media for $14.95.  You get access to the full 2.5 hour lesson all day.  Requires DSL broadband (500-750 kbps).

We did a very nice thing for pre-orders in that we gave all our pre-order customers unlimited access to our On Demand product until all pre-orders ship.

Chuck

February 20, 2008 10:09 AM

Jan said:

Hi Chuck,

How many DVDs are there going to be produced?

February 22, 2008 5:44 AM