Tibor Karaszi

No Notification Services in SQL Server 2008

This blog has moved! You can find this content at the following new location:

Published Friday, August 3, 2007 11:08 AM by TiborKaraszi

Comments

a.m. said:

August 3, 2007 7:00 AM

TiborKaraszi said:

I know I missed the scoop, Adam :-).

I haven't decided yet whether to add "old news" in my blog for the benefit of, say, students of mine who perhaps don't follow other blogs. Is there some netiquette for this?

August 3, 2007 11:32 AM

Denis Gobo said:

repitition is the key to remembering things  <g>

August 3, 2007 11:51 AM

a.m. said:

Hi Tibor,

If you notice that someone else has already covered something newsworthy but you want to cover it too, the standard blog etiquette is to start your post with something like, "As Aaron pointed out the other day..." and make that a link to Aaron's post.

And tell your students to subscribe to our entire feed; while your stuff is certainly excellent, we have plenty of other good stuff too ;)

August 3, 2007 11:58 AM

TiborKaraszi said:

Cheers Adam.

Pretty much how we do it in the newsgroups, then, basically acknowledging the other post, with addition of the URL.

August 3, 2007 12:51 PM

photoshop dersleri said:

thanx

February 18, 2008 11:46 AM

Tom Jaspering said:

Arrgggh! That sucks. NS is great! I wrote a sql notification provider that allowed us to use NS as a nice little business rules engine. It's been in a production environment for a couple of years now with no problems. Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess.

April 16, 2008 2:19 PM

newbe said:

I have a website where people save their favorite houses. I was planning on getting sql server 2008 for the spatial querying and so I could use SQL NS to allow our users to get alerts when price changes to their favorites happened. Now that SQL NS is dead, does anyone have any ideas on where I should start to get some alerts going. I code at an intermediate level in vb.net but I have always used a hosted sql server and now will be getting my own dedicated sql server. If anyone has any thoughts about the basic steps to follow or anything I'd really appreciate it.. edColl457@yahoo.com

May 11, 2008 2:29 AM

bill said:

Tibor may have missed the scoop, but this post is the first hit in a search for "sql 2008 notification services"

September 12, 2008 11:34 AM