This is not a SQL Server post but it might be beneficial to some of you.
Over the last few months I've been having huge issues with Outlook 2007. Aside from running like molasses on a cold day, it consistently crashes a few times a week. Instaling the hotfix fixed things for a while, then the bad behavior came back.
Last week it would just hang and never open, totally using up all the resources to the point where it took me 4 minutes to kill the process. I ran the SCANPST.EXE utility to fix it but it exited telling me that the PST file failed a redundancy check. I get the same error when I try to copy the file to my external drive. I was ready to give up and recover my waaay old backup of the PST file, when I decided to do more searches on the topic. Eventually I discovered this recovery program called Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair. This product was amazing, it was able to recover thounds of emails from the file so corrupted that even a Microsoft utility gave up on it. If you run into a similar issue, give it a try. For me it was worth the price I paid for it.