I am in the process of finalizing a date (week of Sep 19) for a LiveMeeting event that will focus on the upcoming PASS Community Summit. It will be primarily targeted at the first-timers to the Summit, but everyone will be welcome to join. There will be event information forthcoming on the PASS website - www.sqlpass.org.
Here is a rundown on the topics that I plan to cover:
- What is PASS? PASS Events (Summit, Rally, 24hop, SQLSat, Chapters, Virtual Chapters)
- What to Expect / How to read the Program Guide and Smart Phone App to Plan your Itinerary
- Pre-cons, half-day sessions, spotlight sessions, Speaker annotations (MVP, MCM, SQLCAT)
- Stuff besides Sessions (Hands-on labs, SQL Clinic, Expert Pods, Birds of Feather Lunch, etc.)
- Social Media (Twitter, Foursquare, Flickr, etc)
- Activities "outside of the Summit" (SQL Karaoke, Photo walk, Kilt Day, etc)
- Logistics - Getting to the Summit from SEA-TAC (light rail, shuttle, cab, etc.)
I have gone through the Flickr photos. Always looking for more "gems". Looking for photos that may help with logistics or showcasing interaction at the summit. Leave a comment for a link to other sites like Flickr with pictures from past summits.