Peter DeBetta's SQL Programming Blog

Peter DeBetta's blog about programming in SQL Server using technologies such as T-SQL, .NET, CLR, C#, VB, Visual Studio, and SQL Server Management Studio.

Non-Technical: I'm now a father of two...

My lovely wife, Claudia, delivered our new baby girl on Monday, 25 September at 2:49 PM CDT. Kate weighed 6 lbs, 5 oz and was 19 inches long. She joins her 3-year-old brother, Christopher, to make us four in total.

Katie gave us quite a scare during the pregnancy, with blood incompatibilities that, fortunately, never manifested into any real issues. We dodged the proverbial bullet and have a healthy little girl.

I expect I won't be posting for the next couple of weeks, but I shall return soon...

I've attached a picture of Chris about to give Katie a kiss.

Published Friday, September 29, 2006 10:54 AM by Peter W. DeBetta

Attachment(s): DSC03375 (Small).JPG

Comments

Hugo Kornelis said:

Woohoooo!!!!

Congratulations, Peter. Having a girl and a boy rocks (I know from experience).

I just LOVE the way Chris looks at Katie on the picture!

Enjoy!
September 29, 2006 3:36 PM

Ward Pond said:

Congratulations, Peter!  It looks to me as though Chris has already got the big-brother thing down pat.

Well done by all four of you, with special kudos to Claudia.

All the best, and as Hugo said..

Enjoy!!

-wp
September 30, 2006 12:49 AM

Denis The SQL Menace said:

Congratulations, Peter. Your kids are beautiful. Just had twins myself (proud father of three) 10 weeks ago. I am still hoping to get at least 5 hours of sleep in one stretch in  ;-(

Enjoy, they will grow up before you know it
September 30, 2006 4:18 AM

Robert Hurlbut said:

Congratulations, Peter!
November 7, 2006 1:16 AM

Rock said:

Congratulations Peter

Enjoy!
November 29, 2006 11:35 PM

About Peter W. DeBetta

Peter DeBetta works for Microsoft as an Application Platform Technology Strategist, specializing in strategies, design, implementation, and deployment of Microsoft SQL Server and .NET solutions. Peter writes courseware, articles, and books – most recently the title Introducing SQL Server 2008 from Microsoft Press. Peter speaks at conferences around the world, including TechEd, SQL PASS Community Summit, DevTeach, SQL Connections, DevWeek, and VSLive!

When Peter isn’t working, you can find him singing and playing guitar (click here to hear an original song by Peter), taking pictures, or simply enjoying life with his wife, son, and daughter.