Page Free Space

See also my SQL Server technical articles on SQLperformance.com

Mastering Execution Plan Analysis - Lisbon, Portugal 15 May 2015

image

I will be presenting my full-day workshop, “Mastering Execution Plan Analysis” on Friday 15 May 2015 as part of SQL Saturday #369 in Lisbon, Portugal.

The early-bird period has ended now, but regular-rate tickets at €150 are still available. Tickets can be purchased via EventBrite, where the full details of the workshop are also listed.

Thanks to my friends at SQL Sentry one lucky workshop attendee will also win a licence for the PRO version of SQL Sentry Plan Explorer worth US$295 (featuring deadlock analysis, automatic wait statistics, version history, custom plan layouts and more).

The EventBrite page is (mostly) in Portuguese, but my full-day workshop (and all the SQL Saturday sessions) will be presented in English.

For those of you in the UK, Lisbon is just 2½ hours from London by air, with various carriers offering return flights from £69 as of the time of writing. Seems like a great way to combine a short break in beautiful Lisbon with a full-day workshop, and all the quality free content available at the main SQL Saturday event!

SQL Saturday Portugal is a fantastic “mini-conference” event that always attracts great speakers. Check out this short video of the 2013 event courtesy of Paulo Benittes:

Click to play this video in a new tab

Published Tuesday, January 13, 2015 10:52 PM by Paul White

Comments

Mike West said:

Paul,

When are you coming to the states to give this? I'll make sure it's a sold out tour once my Atlanta seat is reserved.

February 6, 2015 7:59 AM

Nick said:

Paul, a somewhat unrelated question. There used to be your name on the cover of the new T-SQL Querying book but I just noticed it's no longer there. What's the story with this?

February 25, 2015 10:50 PM

Paul White said:

@Mike No plans at this stage. Thanks for the encouragement though :)

@Nick I was invited to contribute to the third edition, but I withdrew at an early stage, due to other commitments. I had no idea there was a draft cover image out there!

February 26, 2015 2:38 AM

Seshi said:

Hi Paul,

is there anyway you could conduct a pre-con in the UK SQL saturday if possible (April in exeter). My VISA doesn't allow me to travel to Portugal. I'd love to attend your session. Indeed, I'm happy to buy the recording of available. I'm not sure if they are recorded.

Is there any other way I can attend your session (Mastering Execution Plan Analysis)?

March 9, 2015 9:53 AM

Paul White said:

Hi Seshi,

Sorry no, I have no plans to visit the UK; and the Lisbon workshop won't be recorded.

Paul