AutoAudit is a free SQL Server (2005, 2008) Code-Gen utility that creates Audit Trail Triggers with:
· Created, Modified, and RowVersion (incrementing INT) columns to table
· Creates View to reconstruct deleted rows
· Creates UDF to reconstruct Row History
· Schema Audit Trigger to track schema changes
· Re-code-gens triggers when Alter Table changes the table
Version 1.10c Adds:
· Createdby and ModifiedBy columns. Pass the user to the column and AutoAudit records that username instead of the Suser_Sname value – useful for apps that manage their own users and connect using a common service account.
· Records user’s batch that caused the change event.
· Handles various data types better.
· Includes several small bug fixes.
CodePlex link: http://autoaudit.codeplex.com/
initial 2007 AutoAudit blog post: