Paul Nielsen

www.SQLServerBible.com

What do you want in a SQL Server Dev Seminar?

With the SQL Server 2008 Bible winding down, I'm ready to begin planning another round of SQL Server seminars. Since this crowd is smart, opinionated, and vocal, who better to ask for advice? If you have a minute, I’d sure appreciate it if you took this quick survey:

Published Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:11 PM by Paul Nielsen

Comments

Robert Cain said:

Hi Paul,

Just FYI I went to take the survey and it keeps telling me I already have, even though I just found out about it from your tweet.

As to your question, would love to see:

1. Good practices for coding stored procs, funcs, etc

2. How to use the tools, like profiler and/or analyzer to do tuning and testing.

Robert / Arcane Code

May 12, 2009 10:57 PM

Paul Nielsen said:

try it now, I changed a setting in ConstantContact

May 12, 2009 11:18 PM

Michael K. Campbell said:

Same...

Can't take/see the survey.

May 13, 2009 12:28 AM

Paul Nielsen said:

It's working now - got the issue resolved with the link to Constant Contact. So far, I've learned that my wife wants to attend a seminar in Maui. All in favor say Aye?

May 13, 2009 1:47 PM

PP said:

1. Would love to see how different components of SQL Server gets used in real-life scenario projects, I guess I'm tired of those "Hello World" samples :)

2. Would like to hear more of Unit Testing tools (if any exists or if anything is getting cooked @ MSFT). Again, here I usually hear less from MSFT and they usually display "Hello World" types of simple demos

3. Pitfalls - What are the pitfalls of each components, if that can be highlighted, that can be a things people will watch-for before choosing an solutions for their problems

May 13, 2009 2:08 PM

Chuck Boyce said:

#bacon

everything is better with #bacon

May 13, 2009 7:15 PM

About Paul Nielsen

Paul Nielsen believes SQL is the romance language of data. As such he’s a hands-on database developer, Microsoft SQL Server MVP, trainer, and author of SQL Server Bible series (Wiley). As a data architect, he developed the concepts of Smart Database Design and Nordic – an open source O/R dbms for SQL Server. He lives in Colorado Springs.

News