This release of Toad for SQL Server includes major overall performance improvements allowing much faster query execution and data display. Other improvements in this release include:
- Enhanced query development and debugging with:
- “Error highlighting” which highlights SQL code that causes an execution error so issues are immediately located and resolution expedited
- More automated query creation options through the Query Builder that provides support for more complex SQL development needs
- Greater flexibility for database administration including:
- Expanded support of Log Reader for x64 servers and Windows Vista
- Powerful functionality in Data Compare which now compares any SQL Server tables, views, columns AND data
- Extensive ability to search for data in Toad’s data grids by key words or phrases and highlighting all matches for instant location of desired information
- Version Control support extended:
- Subversion and CVS version control now supported
You can download a free trial at http://www.quest.com/toad-for-sql-server/.
is where you can find out What's New in this release.
In addition, there's a very active user community with daily (even hourly) participation from the Toad development team - find them at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/toad_ss and, for the beta, at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/toad_ss_beta.