Kalen Delaney

Geek City: SQL Server Internals Course Coming Soon on DVD

New York, New York, what a wonderful town! Or at least it looked wonderful from Jersey City, looking across the Hudson. I flew to Newark last Tuesday, spent Wednesday under bright lights with a boom microphone hanging over my head, and flew home on Thursday. My SQL Server 2005 Architecture, Internals and Tuning course is being made into a multi-part DVD. This is a project I am working on with Chuck Boyce and Peter Ward, and the first lesson is on SQL Server 2005 metadata.

We are planning on selling the DVDs for a price that everyone can afford. I will post more information here as soon as it is available.

~Kalen

Published Saturday, December 15, 2007 12:59 PM by Kalen Delaney

Comments

Henrik said:

thats really good to read.

because i'm not able to hear your course.

Merry X-Mas and a happy new year from germany

Henrik

December 17, 2007 1:23 PM

Cooper said:

The question everyone wants to know is are you going with Blu-Ray or HD-DVD? : )

On a serious note, that is great news!

December 17, 2007 3:58 PM

Bill said:

When can we expect the dvd to release?

January 21, 2008 8:38 AM

Kalen Delaney said:

Hi Bill

Any day now!

January 24, 2008 1:13 AM

Kalen Delaney said:

The editing for Lesson 1 is done and the production run of my DVD has started. We're expecting shipping

February 8, 2008 5:15 PM

Kalen Delaney said:

February 8, 2008 6:24 PM

Kalen Delaney said:

Last December, I announced that my SQL Server Internals course was being made into a DVD series, and

June 20, 2008 3:25 PM

Britt said:

I have Lesson 1: Architecture and Metadata. Have more lessons been completed? Where can I order them? Thanks.

July 15, 2009 3:28 PM

Kalen Delaney said:

Hi Britt

There is a followup to this post, which you can see by following the links to my own comments, above.

This post basically says that my producer bailed out on me, so I have to find a new one after my book is done. Right as I was finishing the book, my husband had a major stroke, so I will not be able to continue this project. I am still training and will have other projects, so check my schedule on my website.

Thanks

Kalen

July 15, 2009 4:09 PM

Bob said:

Hi Kalen, Do you have any plans to release DVDs now? I am very interested in getting one. I am aware that you have classes online and in person but those are very expensive for me.

Thanks,