Jorg Klein

Microsoft Data Platform MVP from the Netherlands

Setup Azure Data Lake Analytics federated U-SQL queries to Azure SQL Database

You can read this blog post at this link: https://jorgklein.com/2016/07/01/setup-azure-data-lake-analytics-federated-u-sql-queries-to-azure-sql-database

This blog has moved to www.jorgklein.com There will be no further posts on sqlblog.com. Please update your feeds accordingly.

You can follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/jorg__klein

Published Friday, June 17, 2016 2:42 PM by jorg

Comments

jorg said:

Creation of the secret can also be performed using the Azure Command Line Interface instead of PowerShell. Instead of using the PS command "New-AzureRmDataLakeAnalyticsCatalogSecret" you can use the CLI command "azure datalake analytics catalog secret create".

CLI syntax: azure datalake analytics catalog secret create "myADLAAccount" "myADLADatabase" "tcp://mysqldbserver.database.windows.net:1433"

July 11, 2016 2:52 AM

Osama said:

I've followed your steps and it's working like a charm until last week everything stopped working and I can't create an external data source anymore I got login failed for user contosoadmin, nothing changed from our end. Are you aware of any changes to the backend.

October 19, 2016 10:52 PM

Mark Kromer said:

Very well explained, this works well

November 1, 2016 12:48 PM

Luca said:

New-AzureRmDataLakeAnalyticsCatalogSecret : Operation returned an invalid status code 'NotFound'

Anyone got this?

January 13, 2017 11:55 AM

b said:

This doesn't seem to work anymore. Any updates to work around?

April 28, 2017 5:10 PM

Eric said:

This post just saved me. Got me unblocked for trying to run CLI command "az dla catalog credential create". The big help was you made it clear the expected database to name is a Data Lake DB, and not the source Azure SQL database. All other articles/docs I found led me to think otherwise. So, a big THANK YOU to you!

May 12, 2017 10:12 AM

jesse said:

Hi Jorg,

for some reason I cannot seem to create a catalog secret. You should enter the azure data analytics account name right? It keeps on telling me to re login. Any ideas what this can be?

May 26, 2017 10:56 AM