Welcome to - The SQL Server blog spot on the web Sign in | |

Jamie Thomson

This is the blog of Jamie Thomson, a data mangler in London working for Dunnhumby

First sighting of SQL Server Master Data Services (MDS)

I’m at SQLBits 5 today and I’ve just come out of Ian Marriott’s session where he talked about the forthcoming Master Data Services. Here’s a low-quality (sorry) photo of the screen that MDS practitioners and users are going to become very familiar with, the home screen of MDS’ web interface:

My first impressions are that this is a reskinned version of Stratature (i.e. the previous incarnation of this product) and that should surprise no-one. I didn’t see anything that I hadn’t seen already in Stratature 18 months ago but then it wasn’t possible for Ian to show much in such a short session so I’m sure there’s more to see (in fact I’ve already spoken about some of it).

I’ve nothing more to show say about this right now, I just figured some people might be interested in what this thing might look like. More to come later, I promise!

Published Saturday, November 21, 2009 5:47 PM by jamiet

dude said:

What is MDS?

November 23, 2009 5:00 PM

jamiet said:

Master Data Services. It says it up there at the top of the page!

November 23, 2009 5:17 PM

dude said:

Dang jamiet.  You're smart.  That was really helpful.  Please feel free to write a white paper on it.  Cuz obviously you've got time on your hands.

November 25, 2009 9:21 AM

jamiet said:

Hmmm... semes you got offended by my last comment and re-reading it now I can see why. I wrote it quickly and it wasn't intended as it came across.

Having said that, it does answer your question. Perhaps you could elaborate on what you'd like info on - I'd be happy to answer if I can.

November 25, 2009 9:55 AM

Kirk Haselden's Kirkapedia said:

As we head into the US holiday season, I wanted to catch up on some things I've wanted to blog for some

November 25, 2009 4:41 PM