James Luetkehoelter

Nearly any SQL topic presented at times in a slightly eclectic manner.

Finally...finished....book...

I haven't written a blog in quite awhile, I was trapped under my refrigerator (bizarre redecorating accident - don't ask). Now that I have finally finished my book, SQL Server Disaster Recovery (published by Apress), I can get back to writing here.

For any of you who do happen to take a look at my book, please give me feedback. The book is meant to be somewhat controversial and a little off the beaten path. I'm not sure if those are good things or bad things yet - you tell me.

Published Monday, February 04, 2008 1:12 PM by James Luetkehoelter

Comments

Adam Machanic said:

Congrats!  I'm looking forward to checking it out.

February 4, 2008 1:38 PM

Louis Davidson said:

Finally huh?  I know that feeling.  The first version of my book took WAY longer than I had expected (WAY WAY longer).  Once it was done, it was such a total load off...

I am revising my design book now and it is such a joy to just tweak stuff and be able to do a chapter in days, not weeks, or months :)

I can't wait to get a copy of the book and read it!

February 4, 2008 2:09 PM

James Luetkehoelter said:

Yup - finally - you remember when I first talked to you about this book Louis - we had the same editor. That was a LONG time ago. By the way, the reciprical (sp?) offer still stands :)

February 4, 2008 2:28 PM

Paul Nielsen said:

May you be inundated with readers begging for signed copies at the next PASS, may all your Amazon reviews be five stars, may your royalty checks pay for a several trips to Hawaii, and may the movie version star Harrison Ford.

Seriously, writing a book is a long and difficult process, congratulations.

-Paul

February 7, 2008 11:02 AM

James Luetkehoelter said:

Thanks - the book is a lot like the way I teach and present, so people will either hate it or love it.

For anyone thinking of writing a book, be prepared - it is an extremely time-consuming process, more than you could imagine. I think my next book will be fiction about ferrets eventually running society through the clever use of the stock market....

February 7, 2008 11:12 AM

Paul Nielsen said:

so where's the link to Amazon? I want to pre-order my copy.

February 8, 2008 1:04 AM

James Luetkehoelter said:

Well, Peter was kind enough to include it on the front page of this site in the rotating add for books by bloggers (thank you Mr DeBetta!). If you just search Amazon on my name, it comes right up :) I am unique in the world :)

February 8, 2008 8:21 AM

About James Luetkehoelter

I am passionate about what I do - which is DBA, development, IT and IT business consulting. If you don't know me, haven't met me or have never heard me speak, I'm a little on the eccentric side. One attendee recently described me as being "over the top". Yup, that about says it - because I only speak on topics that I'm passionate about.