Greg Low (The Bit Bucket: IDisposable)

Ramblings of Greg Low (SQL Server MVP, MCM and Microsoft RD) - SQL Down Under

OT: Internet Connection Sharing on Vista - Problem Resolution - IPv6

This blog has moved! You can find this content at the following new location:

Published Sunday, April 13, 2008 10:49 PM by Greg Low

Comments

mark said:

ive enableld all components on ICS to make it work but second computer still has limited connectivity.I never had this problem on xp before but now im running vista maybe your sitcom one might help me or if you have any suggestions please let me know.thanks.

July 25, 2008 10:19 PM

shane said:

I have quite a bit of a problem. im trying to connect to xbox live using my xbox 360, an ethernet cable and my wireless laptop. the problem is that when i go to network connections on my laptop and click on the 'Sharing' folder on my wireless connection the click on the sentence 'Allow other users to connect through this computers internet connection, the same error message keeps popping up, 'An error occurred while internet connection sharing was being enabled.' any suggestions please tell me, thank you.

August 20, 2008 6:02 PM

Deliboy said:

i just finished doing this for my xbox http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/bfd3bd31-82f0-4b9c-9cde-fb92bc2b14771033.mspx

this site is for vista users.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126 and this is for thos with xp should work. and for shane if it doesnt work do a test connection should work after that

August 27, 2008 3:15 AM

Groove said:

Disable the Wireless connection first, THEN turn on ICS... dont ask me why, but it just works. You wont get that silly error

March 3, 2009 6:40 PM

Joe said:

Groove..man ur advice was the best ive seen on 100+ web pages about this issue..like u said, just disabling the device and then changing the properties allows ICS to turn on. thanks a lot!

June 8, 2009 2:42 AM

Joe (another one) said:

Groove, you are the man! i think you should be working for microsoft....brilliant advice!

July 10, 2009 3:32 PM

Mike said:

Groove. THANK YOU SO MUCH. after hours of searching your advice worked. Hopefully other people who are struggling with this problem can see this.

December 20, 2013 5:09 PM