Andy Leonard

Andy Leonard is an author and engineer who enjoys building and automating data integration solutions. Andy is co-host of the Data Driven podcast. Andy is no longer updating this blog. His current blog is AndyLeonard.blog.

UPDATED: Use Amazon’s Alexa to Create a Copy of a Database Using Redgate SQL Clone…

This blog has moved! You can find this content at the following new location:

Published Tuesday, May 2, 2017 5:18 PM by andyleonard

Comments

RichB said:

I'd like to see a voice activated 'Remove cleanly all 30 individual Redgate Installs from my over UAC'd machine please' command.

Yeah, I'm planning to put some back, but for now I need to whip em off.

March 6, 2017 7:42 PM

Sean Forgatch said:

Allow end users to "query" datasets. Similar to how bots are being used to do the same thing in Skype. A quick insights sort of solution. Right now I'm happy with the ability to schedule appointments in Outlook, not sure if that will stick yet or not.

March 6, 2017 11:11 PM

Martin I said:

Set up a "Flash" report that will you tell you which servers are not running normally and what is wrong. Something like "Alexa, give me a DB flash report for <servergroup>." That way you could group servers and and either get info on one, a group, or all.

Some of the information would include perfmon metrics, wait stats, network issues and such.

March 7, 2017 12:29 PM

Jim Donahoe said:

Alexa to receive alerts from monitoring tools and audibly alert when a performance condition/security alert/any alert happens that is deemed critical. Then with said functionality be able to tell Alexa to acknowledge the alert.

March 8, 2017 7:33 AM

Julie said:

I would create an Alexa skill to read through all of my AWS CloudWatch stats for a given period in time and report on changes in trends, and any areas which require further investigation to prempt issues.

March 13, 2017 6:55 AM

Eric said:

I'd like Alexa to give a current status of all my SQL Agent Data Load Jobs - completed, failed or running. Would be handy to start my day with that vs. checking email.

March 14, 2017 2:11 PM

Mohammed Khaja Mohiuddin said:

Alexa need to stay updated with latest REDGATE versions and update me with the details for further actions.

Email: khajam@zenoti.com

March 15, 2017 6:08 AM

Praveen Ganji said:

I would like a skill to call Stored procedures and read the output. For example.. Get database/application mapping information. Or ask Alexa if a database exists and when is the db created and current stats like size,params etc.

March 15, 2017 11:53 AM

Roman said:

Clone production db with scrubbed data!

March 15, 2017 3:18 PM

Lee Hawthorn said:

Alex - tell me the name of the users in the top 5% percentile based on rates of long running queries

March 17, 2017 8:49 AM

Paul Rosenberg said:

I'd get Alexa to understand my SQL Prompt snippets and let me dictate SQL code directly, without the need to actually type.

March 29, 2017 2:03 PM

Andrew Pirie said:

I'd like Alexa to remind me to look for opportunities to spend time with family members when I haven't seen them in a while.

April 3, 2017 8:13 PM
New Comments to this post are disabled

News