Andy Leonard

Andy Leonard is CSO of Linchpin People and SQLPeople, an SSIS Trainer, Consultant, and developer; a Business Intelligence Markup Language (Biml) developer; SQL Server database and data warehouse developer, community mentor, engineer, and farmer. He is a co-author of SQL Server 2012 Integration Services Design Patterns. His background includes web application architecture and development, VB, and ASP. Andy loves the SQL Server Community!
Note: Comments are moderated. Spam shall not pass! </GandalfVoice>

SSIS Design Patterns Training in London 8-11 Sep!

A few seats remain for my course SQL Server Integration Services 2012 Design Patterns to be delivered in London 8-11 Sep 2014. Register today to learn more about:

• New features in SSIS 2012 and 2014
  • Advanced patterns for loading data warehouses
  • Error handling
  • The (new) Project Deployment Model
  • Scripting in SSIS
  • The (new) SSIS Catalog
  • Designing custom SSIS tasks
  • Executing, managing, monitoring, and administering SSIS in the enterprise
  • Business Intelligence Markup Language (Biml)
  • BimlScript
  • ETL Instrumentation
  • SSIS Expression Language
  • And more!

I hope to see you in London in four weeks! Register today!

:{>

Comments

Karthik said:

Is it possible to view this offline recordings for non attendees.

August 20, 2014 2:58 AM

andyleonard said:

Hi Karthik,

This is an in-person delivery only.

Andy

August 20, 2014 6:02 AM

Roger said:

Hi,

I have experience in SQL SERVER 2008.I am looking to do more advanced ssis 2014 (do not need basics :) ).Does the course help me?

Roger

September 1, 2014 11:50 AM

andyleonard said:

Hi Roger,

Yep. The course is designed for experienced SSIS developers interested in learning more design patterns in SSIS 2012 and SSIS 2014.

:{>

September 1, 2014 4:17 PM

Nidhin said:

I hope that you  will be also  providing some ssis tips/information which one can not find in books /other normal courses .I am planning to sign up for the course in London on 8th Septemebr.

Regards,

Nidhin

September 4, 2014 5:05 PM

andyleonard said:

Hi Nidhin,

Our field is filled with innovative developers. Many members of the SQL Server community willingly share their work via blog posts, articles, and books. There are lots of good courses available whereby one can learn SSIS.

I believe this course is different from most because it is written and delivered by me, and I am an SSIS developer who continues to practice the art of data integration. I also really, really enjoy learning. I believe my passion for learning fuels my drive for innovation and my desire to share and teach.

Ask anyone who knows me and they will confirm that I am not a lock-someone-into-an-inescapable-contract kind of guy. I compete, yes, but I don't use EULA's or other traps. I compete against myself; against the developer I was the day, week, and month previous. I accomplish this competition by continually innovating. It helps that I work for Linchpin People and that we sometimes get called to develop "non-traditional" solutions. Many times we are able to find a solution to a tricky requirement in a book or article or post; but we often find ourselves having to invent processes. Because I compete against younger-me by innovating, I'm not so concerned about sharing what I know today. And, sharing what I know today feeds my internal desire to innovate more tomorrow - to develop cooler, better code tomorrow. It's a positive spiral.

One result: With each delivery of this course I add patterns I've learned since the previous delivery. That's one reason we hold the course once per year - it gives me time to develop new material.

In response to your expressed hope: I believe you will learn some SSIS tips and information that you cannot find in books or other courses in September 2014.

I look forward to seeing you in class - you can let me know if I am correct in this belief.

:{>

September 4, 2014 11:30 PM

Nidhin said:

Thank you..I have been inspired and , signed up for this training in London.Meet you on 8th September in London

Regards,