Andy Leonard

Andy Leonard is an author and engineer who enjoys building and automating data integration solutions. Andy is co-host of the Data Driven podcast. Andy is no longer updating this blog. His current blog is AndyLeonard.blog.

Stepping Aside

This blog has moved! You can find this content at the following new location:

Published Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:00 AM by andyleonard

Comments

Andy Warren said:

Andy, thanks for your efforts as an RM, and thanks for thinking about how to grow the next group of leaders and doing what you can to make it happen.

July 14, 2010 8:00 AM

SQLvariant said:

Term Limits?  Stepping Aside?  A man that practices what he preaches?

You better knock that off quick or you'll never get anywhere in life.

:-)

Thanks for all you do for the community and having the foresight to boost others so that they can shine.

July 14, 2010 8:06 AM

K. Brian Kelley said:

Thanks, Andy, for all the help and guidance you've provided Midlands PASS and me personally over the last few years. The fact that we're still in existence and gearing up for a SQL Saturday has a lot to do with your efforts and wisdom.

July 14, 2010 9:07 AM

Patrick LeBlanc said:

Thanks Andy!

July 14, 2010 11:13 AM

cinahcaM madA said:

Hi Andy,

It would be really interesting to hear more about what you did in the role as regional mentor. Maybe fodder for a blog post or two? I've never had any interaction, as a UG leader, with a PASS regional mentor so I'm not really sure what people who are mentors are tasked with doing.

July 14, 2010 11:35 AM

ArnieRowland said:

I commend you on a conscientious decision. And applaud you resolve to mentor your replacement(s).

Like Adam, I've never received any interaction my a PASS Regional Director/Mentor, and really wonder what is the purpose... Perhaps you could blog and enlighten some of us (including some Regional Directors/Mentors.) I don't even see any information about Regional Director/Mentors on the PASS website -so you would be doing a service for many of us.

July 14, 2010 1:57 PM

andyleonard said:

Hi Adam and Arnie,

I don't claim to have been good as a Regional Mentor, but I will share what I did as a Regional Mentor in an upcoming post.

:{>

July 14, 2010 2:14 PM

Jorge Segarra said:

As everyone has already said, thank you so much for everything you do. You're a great leader and a valuable asset to the community!

July 15, 2010 4:04 PM