Andy Leonard

Andy Leonard is CSO of Linchpin People and SQLPeople, an SSIS Trainer, Consultant, and developer; a Business Intelligence Markup Language (Biml) developer; SQL Server database and data warehouse developer, community mentor, engineer, and farmer. He is a co-author of SQL Server 2012 Integration Services Design Patterns. His background includes web application architecture and development, VB, and ASP. Andy loves the SQL Server Community!
Note: Comments are moderated. Spam shall not pass! </GandalfVoice>

SSIS Training Class in Waltham, MA October 6 - 8

There are lots of things I love about training. I enjoy interacting with those enthusiastic to learn. I love watching the lights come on as students realize the solution to some issue they've battled. I really love hanging out with students durning breaks and after class - talking about ways to solve their ETL or data integration problems using SSIS!

I am honored to present From Zero To SSIS! in Waltham, MA October 6-8 in conjunction with Adam Machanic (Blog - @AdamMachanic) and his training company, Boston SQL Training. I believe the best way to learn SSIS is to get your hands on it as quickly and as much as possible. I designed this course to do just that.

First you learn the basics of SSIS. Next you learn how to load a data warehouse with SSIS. Then you learn troubleshooting, maintenance, and design patterns. I use real-world data for sources - not data generated in some lab. We hit real snags and overcome them. It's the most SSIS I can possibly pack into three days!

Visit Boston SQL Training for more information on From Zero To SSIS! I hope to see you there in October.

:{>

Published Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:00 AM by andyleonard

Comments

Robert said:

Will, this training include creating custom components and programming against the SSIS APIs?

September 2, 2010 1:56 PM

andyleonard said:

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately no. There's a course outline available here (http://bostonsqltraining.com/CourseOutline.aspx) that describes the topics we will cover.

I hope to see you there!

:{> Andy

September 2, 2010 2:01 PM

Robert said:

Thanks, I think someone from our team might be going.

I did have a question about 2 C# projects I see called SSIS_ScriptComponent and SSIS_ScriptTask.  I have never used these projects before.  I have written Custom Components, but have never used these projects before.  Can you give me a little background on these projects?

September 2, 2010 2:04 PM

andyleonard said:

Hi Robert,

Can you tell me where you find these two C# projects?

:{> Andy

September 2, 2010 9:41 PM

Robert said:

When you open Visual Studio 2008 and create a new project under C# SSIS_ScriptComponent and SSIS_ScriptTask appear.  When you create them they create a project.  The SSIS_ScriptTask gives a ScriptMain.cs.  The code in this class is similar to the code one can see when editting a Script Component inside a .dtsx package.  the SSIS_ScriptComponent project does not create any starting class.

September 3, 2010 9:48 AM