Andy Leonard

Andy Leonard is CSO of Linchpin People and SQLPeople, an SSIS Trainer, Consultant, and developer; a Business Intelligence Markup Language (Biml) developer; SQL Server database and data warehouse developer, community mentor, engineer, and farmer. He is a co-author of SQL Server 2012 Integration Services Design Patterns. His background includes web application architecture and development, VB, and ASP. Andy loves the SQL Server Community!
Note: Comments are moderated. Spam shall not pass! </GandalfVoice>

My Thoughts on SQL Saturday #33

Introduction

I am presenting today at SQL Saturday #33 in Charlotte, NC. Peter Shire and the other organizers have really outdone themselves. In my opinion, this event raises the bar for SQL Saturday events and elevates this particular event to the regional level.

Peter and the crew are to be congratulated: They reached out personally to most of the speakers and built an awesome agenda.

PASS

It's also good to see Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) Board and staff members here. This is the first SQL Saturday with PASS in charge. PASS is taking this seriously, as well they should. The SQL Server community is simply one of the coolest communities on the planet, and it's awesome to watch it grow and evolve in this way.

Community

I love community events! I get to catch up with old friends and make new friends. Here's a shot of Rafael Salas (SSIS guru) and me hanging out at the morning keynote.

Rafael Salas and some guy at #SqlSat33 on Twitpic

:{> Andy

Published Saturday, March 06, 2010 2:21 PM by andyleonard

Comments

Rafael Salas said:

Nice seeing you again Andy!

March 6, 2010 2:12 PM

Adam Machanic said:

So annoyed I was unable to make it to this event!

March 6, 2010 5:49 PM

Peter Shire said:

Andy,

Thanks for driving all this way. It was great to spend time with you and all the other speakers. Charlotte and the Southeast was really shining throughout the SQLSaturday #33 event. Hope to see y'all again soon.

March 7, 2010 11:13 AM

Alejandro Mesa said:

Andy,

It was a pleasure meeting you in person.

I second you with the congratulation to Peter and all people that made this event possible.

To Adam, It would have been an honor having you as a speaker, but you still can make it for our user group if you want :)

I thanks also all the speakers that helped to made this event shining.

Cheers,

AMB

March 8, 2010 9:33 AM

andyleonard said:

Rafael, I always enjoy hanging out with you. I learn things about SSIS every time you present.

Adam, it would have been awesome if you'd been there. Next time?

Peter, it was great to spend some quality time with you. Great job!

Alejandro, the honor was all mine.

:{> Andy

March 8, 2010 12:15 PM

Adam Machanic said:

Alejandro: Would love to come speak at your group. Are you an INETA group?

March 8, 2010 1:54 PM

Alejandro Mesa said:

Adam,

No, I was talking about our local SQL Server user group (CSSUG - http://charlotte-sql.org/).

I know about two INETA groups in the area:

Enterprise Developers Guild

Charlotte ALT.NET

The Carolina Code Camp is planned for May 15, 2010. I am sure they will welcome you as a speaker. Check the "Enterprise Developers Guild" site for more info.

AMB