Andy Leonard

Andy Leonard is CSO of Linchpin People and SQLPeople, an SSIS Trainer, Consultant, and developer; a Business Intelligence Markup Language (Biml) developer; SQL Server database and data warehouse developer, community mentor, engineer, and farmer. He is a co-author of SQL Server 2012 Integration Services Design Patterns. His background includes web application architecture and development, VB, and ASP. Andy loves the SQL Server Community!
Note: Comments are moderated. Spam shall not pass! </GandalfVoice>

Happy Pi Day!

Happy Pi Day Everyone!

... at least in the US datetime format...

:{> Andy

Published Friday, March 14, 2008 1:59 PM by andyleonard

Comments

Peter W. DeBetta said:

I love pi.

I wonder... does the term "pie-shaped" actually derive from "pi-shaped"?

March 14, 2008 1:14 PM

Kalen Delaney said:

In case you're wondering if anyone was impressed by the TIME of your post...

I was!

~Kalen

March 14, 2008 1:17 PM

andyleonard said:

LOL - there's the joke about the country boy who went to college, earned an advanced math degree, and returned home to the farm after graduation. When asked to say something mathematical, he responded "Pi R squared." His father hung his head and said "I can't believe we spent all that money on an education and you don't even know Pie Are Round, Cornbread Are Square!"

:{> Andy

March 14, 2008 1:20 PM

andyleonard said:

Thanks Kalen!

That "Advanced Options" checkbox is a wonderful thing... too bad it wouldn't let me set the publication time to :26 seconds!

:{> Andy

PS - Adding the line "once impressed Kalen Delaney" to my resume... ;-)

March 14, 2008 1:22 PM

James Luetkehoelter said:

Ok Andy, that's just plain as geeky as you can get. I thought the pi shirt I'm where that is made out of tiny numbers counting pi out to 1000 decimal places was geeky...I am impressed! :)

March 14, 2008 2:37 PM

andyleonard said:

...updating the resume again - this is a banner day!

:{> Andy

March 14, 2008 3:40 PM

James Luetkehoelter said:

I  hope not to say I impressed James Luetkehoelter - I'm still a GIT (guru in training)

March 14, 2008 5:13 PM

Paul Nielsen said:

March 14, 2008 7:42 PM

andyleonard said:

James, you're one of my favorite GITs.

Paul, those are hilarious!

:{> Andy