Andy Leonard

Andy Leonard is CSO of Linchpin People and SQLPeople, an SSIS Trainer, Consultant, and developer; a Business Intelligence Markup Language (Biml) developer; SQL Server database and data warehouse developer, community mentor, engineer, and farmer. He is a co-author of SQL Server Integration Services Design Patterns and Managing Geeks - A Journey of Leading by Doing, and author of the Stairway to Integration Services.

New Public SQL Server 2008 CTP (Almost) Available!

The new SQL Server 2008 (Katmai) CTP is now available for public consumption!

:{> Andy

Update: The bits are not yet public. My apologies. See comment #4 below. - Andy

Published Thursday, November 15, 2007 11:11 AM by andyleonard
Filed under:

Comments

Denis Gobo said:

I only see the July CTP  :-(

November 15, 2007 10:15 AM

andyleonard said:

Hi Denis,

Did you click on the Downloads link on the left? The documentation has not been updated and still references the July CTP, but there is a November CTP out there in Downloads.

Let me know if you still can't see it.

:{> Andy

November 15, 2007 10:46 AM

Denis Gobo said:

Andy,

after clicking on downloads I only see these

Date Title Version Category Description

7/31/2007 SQL Server Katmai July CTP Developer Edition X86, English  10.00.1049.14  Build SQL Server Katmai July CTP Developer Edition X86, English

7/31/2007 SQL Server Katmai July CTP Developer Edition X64, English  10.00.1049.14  Build SQL Server Katmai July CTP Developer Edition X64, English

7/31/2007 SQL Server Katmai July CTP Developer Edition IA-64, English  10.00.1049.14  Build SQL Server Katmai July CTP Developer Edition IA-64, English

7/31/2007 SQL Server Katmai July CTP Developer Edition X86, English ISO 10.00.1049.14  Build SQL Server Katmai July CTP Developer Edition X86, English ISO

7/31/2007 SQL Server Katmai July CTP Developer Edition X64, English ISO 10.00.1049.14  Build SQL Server Katmai July CTP Developer Edition X64, English ISO

7/31/2007 SQL Server Katmai July CTP Developer Edition IA64, English ISO 10.00.1049.14  Build SQL Server Katmai July CTP Developer Edition IA64, English ISO

Might be some (proxy) caching

I'll check later again

November 15, 2007 10:55 AM

andyleonard said:

Hi Denis,

I was just informed I was wrong - the bits are not yet public. I misunderstood a blog post at MSDN blogs (http://blogs.msdn.com/hied_mid-atlantic/archive/2007/11/15/sql-server-2008-community-technology-preview.aspx).

I am told the bits will be available in a few days for public consumption. My apologies to you and to all.

Andy

November 15, 2007 11:18 AM

obsid said:

Looks like microsoft connect is down :(

November 18, 2007 9:50 PM