Alexander Kuznetsov

Five Years of Writing about SQL Server

Five years ago I published my first article about SQL Server, "Index Covering Boosts SQL Server Query Performance"

It is still quite popular - I just googled up "index covering", and it comes right on top.
Bing does the same thing. It was just mentioned on stackoverflow, this is how I realized it was that long ago.

Since then, it was all downhill. I wrote a lot of articles, dozens of blog posts, and a book, I liked the process of writing a lot, but they are all less popular than that first one.

Anyway, thank you, my readers! Special thanks to those who share their feedback, leave their comments!
Published Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:30 PM by Alexander Kuznetsov

Comments

Alejandro Mesa said:

Alex,

Congrats on the five years.

I am happy that you decided to compile most of them in your book. I really enjoyed reading it, and would recommend it to other SQL Server developers.

Cheers,

AMB

October 19, 2010 8:05 PM

AaronBertrand said:

Happy anniversary Alex!!!

October 19, 2010 8:22 PM

Uri Dimant said:

Congrats Sasha

Keep it up. Your book is amazing.

October 20, 2010 2:47 AM

Uri Dimant said:

Congrats Sasha

Keep it up. Your book is amazing.

October 20, 2010 2:47 AM

Alexander Kuznetsov said:

Alejandro, Aaron, and Uri, thank you for your kind words!

October 20, 2010 4:16 PM

Naomi said:

Congrats!

November 25, 2010 6:17 PM

Alexander Kuznetsov said:

Thank you, Naomi!

January 2, 2012 9:00 PM

About Alexander Kuznetsov

Alex Kuznetsov has been working with object oriented languages, mostly C# and C++, as well as with databases for more than a decade. He has worked with Sybase, SQL Server, Oracle and DB2. He regularly blogs on sqlblog.com, mostly about database unit testing, defensive programming, and query optimization. Alex has written a book entitled "Defensive Database Programming with Transact-SQL" and several articles on simple-talk.com and devx.com. Currently he works at DRW Trading Group in Chicago, where he leads a team of developers, practicing agile development, defensive programming, TDD, and database unit testing.