Welcome to - The SQL Server blog spot on the web Sign in | |

Alberto Ferrari

OT: A Good Reason to Attend #SQLBits

My 4yo son keeps asking me why I should leave home so often to attend SQL conferences around the world and today, after a couple of days of snow, he discovered a good reason, along with the best place for the SQLBits scarf. Sorriso

Published Monday, January 30, 2012 10:41 AM by AlbertoFerrari

Andy Galbraith (@DBA_ANDY) said:

Probably the best use I've ever seen for a piece of conference swag...{-:

January 30, 2012 9:12 AM

Al Board said:

What about making conferences child friendly - a children’s track/all age crèche - with some suitable mixed age activities?

February 1, 2012 8:29 AM

Jason Yousef said:

child friendly is a wonderful idea, i was thinking the same! I often take my family with me and really don't know what they would do !!

February 1, 2012 9:34 AM

Martin Bell said:

Unfortunately arranging a crèche is not an easy thing, there are many hurdles to climb! Some hotel conference venues do have them already; but you are restricted to a maximum of half a day. As far as keeping partners with children not attending occupied,that is a different challenge... :)

February 2, 2012 9:45 AM

Kalen Delaney said:

That's why so many US conferences are in Orlando! Plenty for the kids and partner to do there ...

February 2, 2012 2:54 PM

About AlbertoFerrari

Alberto Ferrari is a Business Intelligence consultant. He his interests lie in two main areas: BI development lifecycle methodologies and performance tuning of ETL and SQL code. His main activities are with SSIS and SSAS for the banking, manufacturing and statistical sectors. He is also a speaker in international conferences like European PASS Conference and PASS Summit.