Adam Machanic

Two Days of Advanced Performance Techniques - July 14-15, New York City

I am pleased to announce that I will be delivering two days of training in New York City, July 14 and 15.

This seminar focuses on achieving "next-level" performance--going beyond that which you can gain via normal tuning methodologies. The vehicles for this performance improvement are two technologies that I've been pushing on this blog and in other venues for a long time: SQLCLR and parallelism. The seminar will be based on the in-depth materials that I used for my full-day sessions PASS conference in 2009 and 2010. These seminars were both quite well-received, but I have tweaked and tuned the content to make it even better and more focused on the bottom line goal of achieving maximum performance.

Full information on the seminar is available on the Data Education web site. There is also an early bird discount currently in effect. Use the discount code "EARLYBIRD" to save $100 on the $1050 registration fee.

I would like to take this opportunity to mention that Data Education is a new training venture that I've recently launched. This will be the company's second public training event (our first featured Kalen Delaney in the Boston area). The company is an evolution of Boston SQL Training, a company that I started a couple of years ago with the goal of bringing extremely high-quality SQL Server training events to the Boston area. The new name, Data Education, reflects our desire to focus beyond Boston and on a broader technology spectrum. We plan to eventually move into training on data-related programming (Entity Framework and similar), other DBMS platforms, NoSQL technologies, and wherever else the database industry moves.

Currently, aside from my course in New York we've announced an Analysis Services and PowerPivot course featuring Teo Lachev, which will take place in the Boston area September 19-23. Several other courses will be announced shortly, so stay tuned and consider following us on Twitter (@DataEducation).

If you've read this far, I would greatly appreciate your taking part in a quick and informal poll: in the comments section below, please let me know what geographic location would be interesting to you for an advanced SQL Server course, and what topic areas you're not seeing enough of.

Thanks, everyone, and I'm looking forward to seeing you in New York!

Published Wednesday, May 18, 2011 1:19 PM by Adam Machanic

Comments

Alexander Kuznetsov said:

Hi Adam,

I think you will find a lot of interested audience in Chicago.

Have you considered allowing to register for just one day of those two, or letting two different people attend two days?

Is your parallelism talk targeted at DBAs or developers?

Would you mind fixing the following typo: Eduction.

May 18, 2011 10:59 PM

Stephen Mandeville said:

Montreal area would be cool

and i could coordinate with Jena-René Roy to get as many people as possible.

smandeville@lacaisse.com

May 19, 2011 10:18 AM

Warner Chaves said:

I second the Montreal option, short car ride from Ottawa!

May 19, 2011 2:02 PM

Adam Machanic said:

Alex: Have I considered allowing people to take just one day? Yes, but it's surprisingly complex to coordinate and we're not quite there yet. Beside which, I think these two topics complement one another nicely.

The parallelism material is somewhat developer-skewed, but I provide lots of information that DBAs should find to be interesting and useful. See Kendra Little's review of the day I delivered at PASS -- she is a DBA: http://www.littlekendra.com/2010/12/03/manythingsreview/

(Both days actually have material that pertains to DBAs -- I discuss various monitoring scenarios on Day 1)

By the way, thanks for the sharp eyes regarding the typo. But you missed one other one that was in there. For shame!

Stephen and Warner, sounds very interesting! I'll have a chat with you and JR in the next few weeks and see what we can do.

May 19, 2011 3:26 PM

Adam Machanic said:

A couple of weeks ago I announced a two-day advanced performance seminar in New York City, which will

June 2, 2011 10:39 AM