Adam Machanic

[New England] New England Data Camp v1.0 - January 24

If you live in the greater Boston area you might be interested in knowing that the New England SQL Server Users Group and Southern New England SQL Server Users Group have been quietly working for the past several weeks to create a SQL Server oriented Code Camp, using the PASS Community Connection framework. Following is the blurb we came up with to describe the event:

It's all about the data! Today's applications are increasing data-dependent and whether you are a developer, DBA, or BI professional, you need to know how to work a variety of data across a range of products. This free, full-day Code Camp-style event will feature three concurrent tracks throughout the day to satisfy any tech professional who is interested in the latest and greatest tips and techniques for working with SQL Server 2005 and 2008, the Microsoft BI toolset, and all of the new .NET data access technologies, including LINQ and the Entity Framework.

Interested in attending?  Click here to join us!  Register soon; space is limited and the event is starting to fill up.  You can find a current list of the sessions that are planned for the day by clicking here.  I'll post again once we have a full time table worked out.

Like all Code Camp style events, this one has an open call for speakers, which we'll leave open until early next week. If you're interested in presenting, please submit an abstract or two!  The more speakers the better for this kind of community event.  For instructions on how to do that, please see Chris Bowen's blog post announcing the Data Camp.

Please let me know if you have any questions. We're looking forward to a great event, and hope to see you there!

Published Wednesday, January 07, 2009 12:32 PM by Adam Machanic
Filed under: ,

Comments

Andrew Kelly said:

On one hand I wish I was still up there to participate in the camp but on the other hand I really like the 70 degree days here over the snow and ice :).  Good luck with the camp.

January 7, 2009 8:02 PM

AaronBertrand said:

Hey Andy, it only took me 2 hours to clear the rain and slush from my driveway today (else I could play hockey on it tomorrow).  Don't tell me you miss that stuff!

January 8, 2009 12:08 AM

Mike Walsh said:

Andy - I will be more than happy to mail you some snow..

@Adam - I got all excited, then realized I was doing a sharepoint move/deploy on that Saturday.. I wanted to be able to say "one time at code camp..." oh well, next time.

January 8, 2009 10:19 PM

Adam Machanic said:

Andy: 25 degrees here today.  Mail me some of that warmth!

Mike: Next time...

January 9, 2009 9:42 AM

Adam Machanic said:

Last week I posted about New England Data Camp v1.0 , a PASS Community Connection event that we're doing

January 16, 2009 12:23 PM

SB Chatterjee said:

a very good DataCamp indeed! glad I attended it!

will the slide decks & code be posted of the sessions be posted?

January 28, 2009 10:24 AM