Today Microsoft released new cumulative updates for SQL Server 2008 R2.
SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Cumulative Update # 12
- KB Article: KB #2828727
- 7 fixes listed at time of publication
- Build number is 10.50.2874
- Relevant for @@VERSION 10.50.2500 through 10.50.2873
SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 2 Cumulative Update # 6
- KB Article: KB #2830140
- 13 fixes listed at time of publication
- Build number is 10.50.4279
- Relevant for @@VERSION 10.50.4000 through 10.50.4278
My usual disclaimer: these updates are NOT for SQL Server 2008 (or SQL Server 2012). Only apply to systems where SELECT @@VERSION returns 10.50.xxxx, where xxxx is >= 2500. If xxxx < 2500, you need to start thinking about getting off the RTM branch. And based on the number of fixes making it into the SP2 updates, you might consider abandoning SP1, too, if possible...