Aaron Bertrand

Aaron is a Product Evangelist for SentryOne, makers of Plan Explorer and a performance monitoring and event management platform for the Microsoft Data Platform and VMware. He has been blogging here at sqlblog.com since 2006, focusing on manageability, performance, and new features, and also blogs at blogs.sentryone.com and SQLPerformance.com; has been a Microsoft MVP since 1997; tweets as @AaronBertrand; and speaks frequently at major conferences, user group meetings, and SQL Saturday events worldwide.

SQL Server 2012 Cumulative Update #2 is available!

Today the SQL Server Release Services Team has released the second Cumulative Update for SQL Server 2012.

The KB article is at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2703275.

The build number is: 11.0.2325.0.

There are 37 fixes publicly documented at the time of writing.

Published Monday, June 18, 2012 3:22 PM by AaronBertrand

Comments

rider said:

Any details on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2711683 available? Seems like this bug manifests itself under very general conditions. According to the description it can occur for any CS index at all.

June 19, 2012 7:01 AM

DERRICK said:

I just installed Microsoft SQL Server 2012 to be used with my Primavera  6.  During the setup Primavera is asking to configure sql server connection by requesting host name and database name.  I DO NOT know how to set these up on SQL Server, and anyone help.....

June 19, 2012 4:45 PM

AaronBertrand said:

Derrick, did you try localhost? When you installed SQL Server did you install a default instance or a named instance? How can anyone know what the Primavera database name is? (Sorry, I have never heard of this application.) Have you talked to Primavera support at all? That is where I think you should take this. This blog post isn't a support forum. :-)

June 19, 2012 4:52 PM

Mal said:

Primavera db = PMDB

June 25, 2012 2:35 AM

Mark said:

Last monday I installed cumulative update 2 for SQL Server 2012.

While developing a BISM I wanted to add an extra column, so I added the extra column in the query of my source data. After validating the query, I pressed "Ok". When the load was done, all my measures where gone.

Does anyone know a solution for this? The only way for me to add colums at this time is to generate a new table with the additional coluns, copy-paste all measure formulas to the new table and then drop the old table afterwards (don't forget to connect the new table to your dimensions), which takes about 100x more time.

June 28, 2012 8:23 AM

Helmut said:

Hi All,

The discovery report doens't get updated with the correct version number after installing CU2  (Ful-Text component):

Microsoft SQL Server 2012 MSSQLSERVER MSSQL11.MSSQLSERVER Database Engine Services 1033 Developer Edition 11.0.2325.0 No

Microsoft SQL Server 2012 MSSQLSERVER MSSQL11.MSSQLSERVER Full-Text and Semantic Extractions for Search 1033 Developer Edition 11.0.2100.60 No

Update will not re-run.

Any thoughts?

TIA,

HElmut

June 28, 2012 10:09 AM

Aaron Bertrand said:

Back on July 5th, I somehow missed that the SQL Server team had published a Community Technology Preview

July 24, 2012 10:06 AM